Monday, May 13, 2013

I Can't Imagine How David Bowie Feels

Someone's post on facebook lead me to this video:

 

Beyond the how awesome to hear this song actually sung by a person is space, the video it's self is pretty breath taking. The visions of earth are amazing but the part that really gave me goose bumps was all the zero gravity movements. 

Everything seems so serene. Personally the idea of being up there stuck on that thing has always filled me with dread. This video made me understand a bit how someone could actually stay sane up there.

I spent a little time following different youtube links and watching this guy. He's pretty great. He's also the guy who wrung the washcloth out earlier this month.That video was even cooler than this one.

Watching all these videos I really started thinking about how gravity operates in space. In each one he lets his guitar or microphone go and it sort of floats and moves about. What makes it do that? Obviously some of it is inertia and I imagine there isn't really "zero gravity"anywhere, but still these objects seem to have a mind of their own.


No comments:

Post a Comment